Monday, October 10, 2011

Look of the week &Celebrity Inspired...

It's been a while since I've posted "What's the look of the Week" for some reason I just forgot to do it I guess being soo busy I just didn't think about it. But I wanted to start it back up again and see what you guys think about the week in outfits and which one was your most favorite one. So with that said ..What was the look of the week?




For me I was stuck with the last two looks I really loved them all but my favorite favorite was the stripe skirt with the black top :) what was your favorite this week?








Celebrity Inspired

I came across this look a few days ago first I saw it on Lady Gaga and thought to myself wow how cool even though she is a bit extra with everything she puts together. I saw the dress and it reminded me of a dress I've had for like almost 6years now. Well I didn't really think too much of it until I saw Kim Kardashian wearing the same dress but in a much more subtle sophisticated way and I just had to try out the look. She looked soo elegant in this outfit that I had no choice but to give it my own twist.


Here is Lady Gaga wearing the dress




and below is Kim Kardashian wearing the same dress also...





and here are the both amazing ladies wearing the same dress side by side





what a difference right? lol lol


back when I started my blog I had also worn this dress and paired it with warm fuchsia accessories


This time around I wanted to go a bit more subtle. This dress is such a great piece because you can wear anything with it and make a statement either way. Here is how I put it together this time around. 

























































 
Old Ross no brand dress~Shoeland shoes~Thrifted clutch


Happy Monday I know it's a long post but I had a lot to say today for some reason. I hope you guys enjoy the  pictures and my celebrity inspired look when did I wear it better? I actually love my most recent version of the outfit is more simple and subtle. Well I'm off to bed now. Good Night.


xoxo,


18 comments:

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

Have you ever thought about wearing this dress with a high bun? You look great with the more settle look.

Whitney 'Nic' James said...

love your photos. and i really like your celeb inspired outfit!

~nic

Ticka said...

Very nice! I like the red lipstick. Just the pop of color that the outfit needs. My vote is for the previous look.

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

My fav look is the one with the jeans, it can be a great day/evening outfit. Love the celebrity inspired look and the leaves really bring it out...Fall has arrived.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeimy, I really love your blog, I check it out daily. You have inspired me to take risks with fashion (I was a black and tan girl pretty much...my closet was full of it) I've learned so much about putting together a look since I found your blog. You and family are absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jeimy !

jaybee

Style & Poise said...

Ok, so that dogtooth wrap dress..LOVE LOVE. I just purchased one from Asos not too long ago! My favorite look was def. the striped skirt with the black blouse...so sassy!

Roni

Unknown said...

I love this print, you look great! Thanks for the sweet comments, definitely should try a mix and match look at least once! Let me know if you need help :)

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

Corie said...

Jeimy you look absolutely gorgeous! I totally want that wrap dress...

betty boop said...

u look stunning dear such a fab print!!!!, and luv the way u wore it this time very classy and elegant

LV said...

This dress is amazing! you look so gorgeous and I love all of the looks you have. Very stylish!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

LA Lynn's said...

Loving all the looks but the celebrity style look... you most definitely OWN it! I like how you added the POP of COLOR! GORGE!

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

I lovee your blog!
great outfit!

Aphrodite said...

Like what i said in Chictopia, you look perfect!!! I love gaga's look. She's always so chic in her gaga way.=)

http://aphroditeslair9999.blogspot.com/

Style Chic 360 said...

I love all the looks and can't pick a fave you look great!

Jaela said...

Hey! J, you look awesome in that dress. I am so jealous..I want the freaking dress. I miss Ross Department Store. Anyway, you did well with the inspiration looks.

The camera I use is DSLR (Nikon)3100, with a 300 lens voom. Also I use the program cd (viewnx) that came with it to enhance and sharpen the pics..Hope this help J..:)...love you.

Ticka said...

Just wanted you to know that you inspired me to wear my wrap dress today!! Thanks!! =D

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very nice Jeimy..

xo

Dawn

http://www.sassybagblogettes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Lovely Lovely Lovely.....I love ur celebrity inspired look, both of them.
xx

ps: my pick of the week, is the jeans look.